Monday, May 10, 2010

Someday...

I woke Derek up Sunday morning and said, "Happy Mother's Day", well, just because it was Mother's Day.

In a very groggy and sleepy voice, he leaned over, put his arms around me and said, "Happy Mother's Day...to the Mother of my future children."

I melted.

It was another reminder to work REALLY hard to get my body in shape, my numbers and A1c down, and to be at my healthiest...so we can work toward getting pregnant in the next 3 years.

I was around babies a lot more than usual this week. I am so excited for our friends who are having kids! Hearing about their pregnancies, deliveries, and first few months with their little ones reminds me again of what a miracle having a baby is...and what a gift from God!

So, Lord-willing, we'll be there too in 3 years or so. So blessed to have the team at University of Chicago Kovler Diabetes Center working with me...and of course my amazing husband too!!!

1 comment:

  1. derek is so sweet!! you guys are great together- it was so fun hanging out w/ you last week :) we can't wait to be auntie gracie and uncle frank to your kids someday!!!

    ReplyDelete